Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Best Default Browser for Mobile Devices

For my Android phone, the default browser is the slowest of any of the browsers that I have used.  Maybe it's because I have an old Samsung Moment running Android 2.1, but I have had a much better browsing experience with alternative browsers.  For the past month I've used the Miren browser as my default browser. I love it's full screen viewing and relatively quick speed.  After trying Dolphin HD, I wasn't particularly impressed.

Hands down the fastest Android browser I've used is Opera Mini.  It's gone back to my default and until I get a new phone with a more updated version of Android, I'm definitely sticking with Opera Mini.


For the iPad that I use, I switch between the default Safari browser and iCab Mobile.  As far as browsing speed is concerned, there isn't any notable difference.  Are there others that are faster?

As you might be able to tell, speed is my #1 priority with a browser.  What is your #1 browser priority?

1 comment:

  1. For browsers, speed is an absolute priority for me as well. The faster it loads the web page, the sooner I can get to the information I'm seeking. However, following a close second behind that is the support of a variety of plugins and modifications to help provide more functionality and utility out of that browser. Although I personally think Chrome has the fastest overall browsing experience, I still find the plugins supported under Firefox to bring the best utility for specific circumstances I find myself in. (I usually swap between both every so often)

    ReplyDelete